Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This can't be happening to me!
It is a BAD day when the laundry equipment fails in a house with five boys, especially after a weekend of unending rain and muddy soccer games. HELP! Peter and the boys all sat down and watched a YouTube video on how to repair a broken dryer belt and now we're just waiting for the part they ordered to arrive.

In the meantime, Pierce and I packed the van full of filthy clothes and headed to the laundromat yesterday when everyone went to school. As I was lugging in basket after basket of laundry, I was very grateful the laundromat had an automatic sliding door. I was also grateful for the 55 lb. load washer. I was grateful there was a quarter machine on site, which I forgot to think about until after the sliding door thing and all the stuff was in.

But... by the time my five giant loads were done washing and drying, I felt wrung out myself after chasing Pierce all over the very DIRTY store, repeatedly dragging him out of the industrial dryers he would hide in, pulling him down off the folding counters he climbed onto, chasing him and back and forth through the automatic sliding door I was no longer very grateful for, and bending down 10,000 times to pick up quarter after quarter that he was having a blast throwing around the place. WHEW! Why can't that boy sit down and watch some "Price is Right" like everybody else? And WHEN is that replacement part coming....?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, things like that aren't supposed to happen during your birthday week!!! Bummer! I could feel your pain as you described Peirce everywhere too. So sorry! I hope you get the part soon enough! And... We Hope you had a wonderful, HAPPY Birthday! It is 8pm and I feel it's too late to call (as usual when I think about calling it's 2 hours later for you!)But we all wish you a VERY Happy Birthday! Love you Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD GRIEF!!!!! You didn't tell us about this when we sang to you!!!!!!!! YUK, YUK, YUK, YUK!!! And Peter, if Will can change a dryer belt, I know you will have no trouble! Just be sure to check the way the thing is suppose to point! Sometimes, the thing twists and turns like a snake! (We learned that the hard way when we had to replace the new belt we put in wrong!! Hopefully, the rest of the week will go much better. Pierce, you just keep going; Mom is going to miss your rampages very soon!! Really, Amber, you will! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?!?!?!? I'm not the first one to comment? Say it isn't so...

    Birthdays should not include laundry issues of ANY kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post Amber! Thank you so much for sharing. That would totally be me at a Laundromat! I feel for you. You're such a great Mom and example! And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete