Friday, February 6, 2009



"This Sucks!"
Due to the graphic nature of this post, some of the contents may not be suitable for young viewers.


Owen's 3rd grade teacher gave him a "special" homework assignment. It reads, "Since the word "sucks" has been banned from the classroom due to overuse, Owen's assignment is to use his list of 10 words he can say instead of "sucks" and write sentences using those 10 words." Here goes:
1. Instead of saying sucks I can say poopy.
2. Instead of saying sucks I can say man.
3. Barnacles, I messed up on my math quiz.
4. Darn, I didn't score.
5. Shucks, my team lost.
6. Cheese niblets, I didn't finish my homework.
7. That stinks, I didn't finish my assignment.
8. Darn it, I lost my game.
9. Poo, I came in last place.
10. Rat munching rattlesnakes, I missed dessert.

Due Monday February 9, with parent signature.

Maybe he learned his lesson.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my heck that is so stinkin' funny. I mean like gosh, I might have totally like just busted my freakin' gut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog gone it.....that is so funny! That niblet one is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I laughed so hard! And Owen, I feel your pain little man. 'Sucks' is one of my favorites too! Great job making a fantastic recovery on the new assignment. I'll read it when I need a good laugh. Keep it up Ojo! Love ya man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an assignment I would give! LOL Even though Owen's face showed how much the assignment truly did "suck", he did a great job coming up with some clever synonyms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Can you believe someone can't use that word!
    Guess what, Owen, we can't use it in our house either and for the same reason! We needed to learn some other word! However, every once in a while Auntie Rachael still forgets! And, Grandpa, too! We don't give up hope, however, that we can learn!!!! I bet you can come up with a word that's just yours!!!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ratatouille, Owen!!! That is some assignment. Hope your happier today than in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber Thank you so much for posting this real life moment as the Mother of boys. I have been struggling with the word poopy (in every way it could possibly be used) in my house for the last 2 years. I had almost resigned myself to the fact that Evan must have some disorder or something. Now I realize it MUST be normal. I will visit your blog whenever I start freaking out. Thanks! You're so awesome!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaron and I just laughed soooo loud!!! That is the best thing ever, and nice picture of Owen! What a teacher he has too! He should make his teacher a list of appropriate "sucks" usage. "My vacuum sucks up my socks" or "My teacher sucks up my attention span" or maybe I should stop. Love it Owen, that is our kinda kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny. Great idea by the teacher. :) It is too true that the word is overused. It grates my nerves when the kids say it in every other sentence.

    ReplyDelete