Thursday, April 8, 2010


Happy Easter Birthday, Dad!
Peter's birthday fell on Easter this year: The Big Four-O! He did not want to be surprised. He did not want to go out. He definitely did not want deviled eggs for breakfast. Instead, we woke up to Boston Cream donuts (because they are his favorite and because he was born in Boston) and we had fun using black wrapping paper. He got a James Bond movie (because he always does), 2 additions to his collection of Alice in Wonderland illustrated editions (bringing the total to 31), a baseball hat (what else do you think the boys would choose this time of year?!) and a balls and strikes counter (because he is still in the game!). I couldn't resist making an Easter birthday cake either! We love you, Peter!
Now... I think I'm supposed to be doing an Easter post.
Next. I promise.


7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday indeed! I'm feeling weird about the big 3-6! (Did you save some cake for me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any day with doughnuts is a good one...and a birthday...even better! Happy big 4-0 Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston cream donuts to boot!!!!! Happy birthday, again, Peter!! We were definitely thinking about you even if your cards were late!!! I'm afraid by this time in my life, if I did get things to you on time, it might give you a heart attack!!! (lol)!!!! Love you, big, guy!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the coolest Easter/40 YO cake I think I've ever seen. And so yummy looking! I want a piece. So...your married to a 40yo. That is so crazy. I guess I'm next.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake was great but those donuts sure look good! Glad we got to visit with Peter on his bday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. Nice work on the cake. It's a beauty. I absolutely LOVE the post about the ball. Tell Graeme that Phil and I are WAY impressed with his soccer skills! Now we're really excited to come and watch him play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Pete! We were thinkin' of you and sending birthday vibes. Looks like you had a good one :)

    ReplyDelete